The Kite club is one the oldest clubs of Baptist high school which was started in late 1990s by a group of students championed by Namisango Matha who alsodoubled as the first President of the club and under the care of Madam Nankabirwa Rose.
By the end of 2002 the club had a total of over 40 active and sound members with 1 representative in each class i.e. from S.1 to S.6.
Today the club has over 3 representatives in each class and an over all membership total of about 50 students and many well wishers.
The kite club is an organization in school (Baptist High School) which helps students identify and develop their in born talents.
Aims and Objectives
- To help a students identify their hidden talents
- To bridge the gap between the western culture and African traditional culture.
- To rejuvenate African culture
- To improve morals of youths
- To widen the students thinking capacity beyond class room work
- To provide high class entertainment to the school.
- Craft making
- Art and design
- Training and playing musical instruments
- Community works
- The musical instrumental trainings are under way every Saturday and Sunday after lunch.
- Fellowships are always held every last Sunday of the month.
- The number of students eager to join the club is increasing day by day.