Patriotism is defined as the love of one s country and willingness to sacrifice for it.
Patriotism club is about developing nationalism and the love for one’s country in a student’s heart. This is done through patriotic studies like scouting, dealing appropriately with government policies and supporting the policies of government.
It teaches the students to observe the factors of discipline, determination, concentration and God fearing.
The club started in 2009 and was launched by the President of Uganda His Excellency Y.K. Museven the president of Uganda. It came into existence in Baptist High School
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To train students to be secret in terms of religion, gender but also to value all Ugandans irrespective of their tribes and religions.
- To promote discipline, self confidence, and self concept among students.
- To provide a dose of ideological knowledge to children.
- To train future leaders through equipping them with skills of self expression and patriotic hearts.
- To teach students to love themselves, Environment, their country, East Africa and Africa at large.
- To promote Africa Culture, Nationalism and Pan Africanism.
- The club is founded on democracy i.e. one man, one vote.
- It has a dedicated strong board of student leaders guided and directed by a constitution of conduct.
- Besides the constitution, the club is guided by the school code of conduct in orderfor it to carrying out its activities effectively.
PRESIDENT: MULEME JOHN BOSCO
VICE PRESIDENT: TAREMWA ABRAHAM NICHOLAS
- NABUNYA OLIVIA
- KIBERU ALLAN
- MUNGU JAKISA ALLAN
- KAJUBI DIRISA
- MUSINGUZI LYNN
- LUWALIRA TIMOTHY
- MIIRO DAVID
- MATOVU WYCLIFF
- WASSAJJA RONALD
- AHEBWA NICHOLAS
- MUGERWA JAAMADAH
- ABISINGUZA BONITOR
PUBLICITY: BULESA BRIAN AMOS
For more information, contact patrons:
- Mr. Ssendi Paul- 0757643003
- Mr. Waisswa E.P- 0712566887