THE PEER EDUCATORS CLUB
The Peer Educators Club mainly organizes and participates in Debating and Quiz as its Cardinal objective.
The debates and quiz started way back in 1997 when Baptist high school had just been established. However, due low participation and disorganization prior and during debates by students,
In 2003, the peer educators club was established by a strong and committed team of 20 students (Members)under the champion of two (2) strong and gifted staff members namely Mr. Ndugwa George William and Mr. Waiswa Emmanuel Pierce and Mr. J.B Ssemakula (RIP) as the Chief Advisor.
The following was first Cabinet of the club at its incorporation.
President: Kinene David S.4
- Kiberu John Richard S.2E
- Kwiri Mary S.6A
- Kiconco Diana S.5A
- Najjemba Catherine S.2W
- Tumwesige Steven S.2W
- Kabanda Godfrey S.3E
- Mutegeki Emma S.4
- JakiraPeter S.3W
Chief Judge: Ssempumbu Sebastian S.4
- Mrndugwa George William
- Mr. waiswa Emmanuel pierce
Advisor: Mr. J.B Ssemakula
Objectives of the club
- To help the organize debate and quiz in the school whenever called upon.
- To improve on students written and spoken English through participating in both debate and writing competitions internally and outside school.
- To provide both moral and financial support to club members whenever required.
- To enforce discipline and promote friendship amongst club members all the time.
- To represent the school community in both Debates and Quiz competitions whenever called upon by the school administration.
- To equip members with necessary skill in leadership and career guidance.
- To improve on members public speaking skills and promote self expression.
- To carry out community (charity) works in and outside school.
- External visits have been are still being carried out to different schools e.g.
- St. Lawrence schools and Colleges
- Kisubi High School
- The club has participated in both competitive debate and quiz at national level for example
- In 2004 the club participated in the Annual Capital Markets Authority Quiz and Writing competitions where the club emerged Number 2 country wide.
- In the same year, through the British Council one of the Members in the names of MpanjaDaphine S.3WParticipated in the National Schools Debating Competitions and traveled to UK to represent the country Uganda and Africa at large.
- In 2007, the club participated in the Kampala Secondary School Debating Competitions held in Mengo-Rubaga Division where the school emerged No.2 after Rubaga Girls School.
- The club has over 48 active and sound members from different classes and streams.
- The club organizes debates every Sunday which normally start after Mass/Service.
- The club has trained future leaders i.e.
- Mr. Njuba Charles Councilor L.C V Rakai District
- Mr. Tumwesige Steven President (BAHOSA)
- Among others
Current Cabinet 2011-2012
PRESIDENT: NATUMANYA GILBERT S.6
VICEPRESIDENT: SABIITI ERIC S.5
CHIEF JUDGE: NAKABUGO ALICE S.6
ASST. CHIEF JUDGE: NANYONJO LILLIAN S.5
GENERAL SECRETARY: WADIYO RACHEAL S.6
ASST. GEN SEC: MUWAYA JOHN KELVIN S.3
PUBLICITY SECRETARY: MUDONDO KETRA S.6
TREASURER: KAMOGA JOSHUA S.6
MOBILISERS: WASSAJJA RONALD S.4
KEMIGISHA PHIONA S.3
TIME KEEPER: SSEGUYA KENNY S.3
PATRON’SECRETARY: BAREIJA COLLINS MAGEZI S.5
CHIEF WHIP: JITTA FRED. S.6